This part redraws the major stages of the development of the company Chemical Products R. Borghgraef S.A. since the beginning.
- First detergency activities developed by René Borghgraef Sr in 1958. They will be followed by the production of first RBS detergent, the RBS 25, commercialized as an alternative to acid chromic solutions and used for cleaning laboratory glassware. First dealers’ agreements were concluded in Europe with countries like Germany.
- After its founder’s death, the company was taken over by family members. The corporate entity became Chemical Products R. Borghgraef S.P.R.L. in 1964. RBS 35 and RBS 50 were added to the RBS detergents range.
- Extension of the distribution network to the United States (laboratory industry) in 1977.
- Because of its growth, the company moves in Brussels i 1982 for larger facilities.
- Chemical Products R. Borghgraef S.P.R.L. becomes a limited company in 1994.
- In 1997, modernization of Brussels site with the construction of new laboratories and warehouses.
- In 2000, the company obtains the certification ISO 9001:2000.
- In 2004, Chemical Products R. Borghgraef S.A. is certified ISO 13485:2003 for manufacturing, packaging and supply of tensio-active disinfecting and decontaminating cleaning agents for use in healthcare.
- Development of a new website in 2007.
- In 2009, introduction and marketing of a new T range for laboratories, M range for hospitals and medical sector and IND range for industry. These new ranges of cleaning agents were developped with ingredients that meet the most recent regulations notably on the matter of biodegradable surfactants.
- Introduction of a new product range for hand hygiene: RBS HDS GEL, RBS HDS LOTION, RBS HDS 12 and RBS HDS 15 in 2010.